Sunday 8 November 2009

Music for Fireworks


I love fireworks displays. Last night we went to Ally Pally (clip above) and their massive explosions in the sky combined pretty well with space movie theme tunes (2001, Star Wars, ET) and of course Holst's Planets Suite. Someone put a lot of work into choreographing the fireworks and matching them with the music.
Unless, of course, I made those matches in my head when I was watching. A lot of the meaning of music and movies is in the head of the viewer. Obviously some of this transmits successfully from the creator (ie I get the connection between the space movies and the fireworks, and the witty lyric about 'falling to earth' from a song I didn't recognise) but whether s/he was matching the beats with the fireworks going off may require further investigation. Anyone know a firework person I can talk to?

No comments:

Post a Comment